Thursday, October 16, 2008

16/10/08

Total Count: 937

This may sound completely irrational, but I think I'm really pleased with myself.

Food list:

Breakfast- 1/3 cup oatmeal (100) + 1 serving peaches (80)
Lunch- 1 apple (32) + 1 sesame cracker (20)
Dinner- 1 bowl rice + beef + asparagus + dofu (300)
(-125 purged)
2 brownies (140)
1 serving blueberries (70)
8 truffles (320)

Everything below dinner sounds insane, right? But I'm trying to be positive, and here is how I am doing it. Surprisingly, it makes a lot of sense in my mind:

Normally, there aren't brownies or truffles around the house. Today was unusual because we finally opened a box of chocolates that we have had for years and my mom made brownies. When I come home, these foods aren't normally available. That's why I think it's more acceptable to eat them than to binge on food that is easily accessible.

If you're going to binge, do it on food that you can't normally get. That way your cravings are satiated, but you won't be able to satisfy them all the time because you won't be able to get the food you want.

That's how I'm looking at it, anyway. :)

I'm going to start bringing an apple and a snack to school. This is what I hope my calorie count will be before dinner:

Breakfast- 1/3 cup oatmeal (100) + 1 serving fruit (60-80)
Lunch- 1 apple (32) + healthy snack (>120)

Total: 332

If I did that, then I would have room for 268 calories to reach 600 a day. Which should be plenty.

Also, if I eat more during the day, then that should cut my binges when I get home and keep my metabolism up.

I hope, anyway.

:)

No comments: