- I am very poor. Soup costs 50p each which sounds like nothing, but really for me it is quite expensive a day
- My mom makes me lunch every day. It'll make me feel bad to waste her food
- I don't know how to start restricting breakfast and dinner; my family is very observant and will definitely notice me not eating as much
- My friends are very, very, very observant and already are worried and alerted about me
- I'm quite new to this and am not sure what to do; I think my plan is alright, but is there anything that could make it easier or more effective?
I already felt that feeling of sweet, sweet emptiness at break when I had my soup, and after the gym when I had a snack but knew I had the power to keep my stomach empty...oh, how it made me smile, knowing that I have the choice whether or not to put that food in my mouth! And how it made me laugh to walk past the Digestives when I was hungry! (normally I'm addicted to Digestives and eat like, 10 of them at a time) I know it doesn't sound like I did very well today, but I feel good and have the mentality and discipline. I don't want to completely plummet, because I'm worried it will affect my metabolism (I don't know if that's a myth or not) and, more importantly, I am worried my family and friends will noticed and make me eat and ruin my plans.
Here is what used to be my daily schedule:
- wake up at 6.30, brush teeth, maybe drink a glass of water and stretch
- go downstairs, eat a bowl of porridge made from 1/3 cup wheatbran and 2 servings of fruit
- go to the bus, go to school, classes etc
- break is at 11.15-11.35, may eat something, may not. Have been eating about 250 cals worth of dark chocolate though, but that is easy to cut out
- classes again until 12.40-1.45 which is lunch, where I normally eat a peanut butter and jam/jelly depending on whether or not you're British with 2 pieces altogether of toast (calorically dense, I know)
- school ends, get back on the bus to go home, tend to graze (a lot) and then have dinner which is usually healthy and relatively small; one bowl of white rice + whatever is being served
- may graze again before going to sleep
I know I can cut out everything at school, but I don't want to waste those sandwiches and I don't think there's any way around them. I could ask her to make me a different lunch, but she gets suspicious and I can't make my own lunch because then she'll definitely suspect and won't let me. What I want to do is go to school, chew gum all day, eat a piece of fruit or something at break and the soup at lunch and then go to the gym. I know that as I go along, I'll be able to restrict that. However, I think my main problem is at breakfast and dinner, especially dinner. I don't really know how to stop eating like I normally do, because my family will notice.
Any tips or advice would be much appreciated! :)